sâmbătă, 7 iulie 2012

Lost Balance - Bed (2003)

artist: Lost Balance
album: Bed
release date: 2003
tags: trip-hop
dig it

1. Solar Honey System / 2. Torero / 3. Changing Lifes / 4. Come As You Are / 5. Moving / 6. Borderline (3rd Person Mix) / 7. Frame of Mind (Chamomile Mix) / 8. Tunefull / 9. Firedaddy / 10. Stars Like Dust / 11. Girls Blue Tears / 12. Way of Tomorrow

I must say: Lost Balance remain one of my favorite trip-hop bands, though I've grown out of the genre myself. Even though they incorporate dream pop influences, LB remain pretty much engrained in the signature beats of trip-hop (and for the better or worse, there are a couple of their songs which are painfully obvious samples), but somehow they sound like nobody else. They have a distinctive sound that I couldn't describe as less than perfect, even if sometimes the lyrics seem to have less substance than the beats. I say this after several years in which I have listened to their albums countless times, and when I finally got my hands on Bed, I listened to it on repeat that whole day. And no matter what, at the end of the time I will still love them.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu